Entotherm heat treatment is a chemical-free method of pest control that is effective against pest insects such as bed bugs, cockroaches and wood boring insects through the targeted application of heat. It eliminates all life stages of insects in just one treatment, egg, larva and adult, thus minimising any disruption. It is also suitable for use against moulds and pathogens.
Entotherm is suitable for treating a wide range of environments and materials and is approved as an International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM) 15 wood treatment. It was awarded the Best Business Awards 2010 for Best Innovation in the Private Sector.
Entotherm is highly suitable for a range of businesses including:
- Hotels and guest houses
- Residential and care homes
- Bars and restaurants
- Food processors
- Food retail
- Public transportation
- and Shipping containers
How Entotherm Works:
Entotherm uses a portable system that delivers heat to any contained, infested area. A mobile unit delivers heated liquid through insulated pipes to heat exchangers that produce hot air at the pest-infested treatment site. The hot dry air warms the fabric of the building and its contents to a carefully monitored temperature between 56°C and 60°C.
The heat denatures the protein within insect bodies and disrupts the waxy layers on the outside of the insect, causing dehydration. The temperature is high enough to kill pests rapidly, but without causing any structural damage.
Benefits of Entotherm
- Minimal disruption: Single, quick, efficient treatment that typically takes less than a day to solve pest problems allowing treated areas to be re-used directly afterwards.
- Protects your business reputation: Pest problems are solved rapidly and thoroughly, from early detection to rapid response.
- Minimises costs: Mattresses and upholstered furniture can be treated, saving you the cost of disposal and replacement.
- Reduces the use of pesticides: Non-toxic and pesticide-free option, making it especially suitable for sensitive environments such as food preparation areas, care homes and hospitals.
- Suitable for most building types: Can safely be deployed to most structures. An Entotherm trained specialist will conduct a thorough site assessment, recommending suitability and most effective approach.
Entotherm Heat Pod
The Entotherm Heat Pod is a container that is designed to be quick and easy to set up on a customer’s premises to treat infested items on site. This allows quicker treatment times and eliminates the risk of items being damaged or lost when taken off site.
The heat treatment is effective against most types of pest insects associated with everyday items such as textiles, furniture and soft furnishing. These include bed bugs, cockroaches, textile pests and stored product insects.
The Heat Pod has an integrated heater and fan system, which delivers and distributes heat within the pod quickly and safely, raising the internal temperature to 56–60°C for one hour. This temperature is high enough to kill any pests, but not enough to cause any product damage. Four electronic heat sensors are located within the Heat Pod to monitor and record the core temperature, to ensure an even heat distribution.
The system is computer controlled and produces records of the process as proof of heat exposure for an adequate period of time.
The Heat Pod can also be scaled down to 6×6×8ft to fit in smaller spaces such as a hotel bedroom.
Benefits of Entotherm Heat Pod:
- Cost effective, as only one treatment of infested items is required.
- Minimal disruption, as a single, quick, efficient treatment solves pest problems.
- Protects your business reputation.
- Chemical-free process, allows treated items to be re-used directly afterwards, with no residual side effects.
- System computer controlled to ensure complete treatment on every occasion.