Bed bugs are parasitic insects of the cimicid family that feed exclusively on blood.. Cimex Lectutarius, the common bed bug, is the best known as it prefers to feed on human blood.
Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) shouldn’t be confused with dust mites. Bed bugs are nocturnal parasitic bugs that feed on blood from warm blooded mammals.
Dust mites are microscopic spiders that feed on shed dead skin cells. Dust mites are not visible to the eye.
Signs of Bed Bugs Infestation
Adult bedbugs are 5mm long. Before feeding they are a flattened oval shape and light brown, but become rounder and darker after feeding. They come out at night and are attracted to the warmth of our bodies and carbon dioxide in our breath.
- Dark/black stains– on the mattress and surrounding area from bed bug excreta.
- Sweet scent– An unpleasant, sweet, sickly scent.
- Small dark spots– Small dark blood spots on bedding known as ‘faecal pellets’.
- Live insects– despite being small (adult are only 4-5mm long) it’s possible to spot live bed bugs and shed skins.
- Blood spots– on the sheets or mattress.
We’re Not Satisfied Until You’re Satisfied.
- Bed bugs can be brought in from the outside at any time, so we can’t guarantee that your home will never have bed bugs again. No credible provider can make that promise. We can guarantee that our customized solution will be effective for at least 30 days.
- Bed bugs lays eggs where-ever they live, in case you do not clear the stuff and put them in proper sunlight the eggs will hatch and you may notice them again, so proper care is required from home owners side as well especially if you use a bunker bed and keep your stuff inside them.
If bed bugs return to your home within 30 days of the completion of our service, we will re-treat at no additional charge.
Have you spotted any of these signs?
If you are worried about Bed Bugs, a professional service can help to get rid of these stored pests effectively.
PestAct pest experts approach provides rigorous protection for your property:
- We offer a Free Consultation to assess the source of attraction, breeding site, level of infestation, and to identify the fly species.
- Our professionally trained technicians –can help advise you the most effective, targeted fly control solutions tailored to your requirements.
- Safe and targeted treatments —our extensive knowledge means we can provide you with targeted and effective treatment to get rid of grain beetles at your business property.
- Protection — we offer advice on practical measures based on the Destroy-Control-ReAssure that you can easily action to minimise the risk of grain beetles infestation in the future
Feel Free to Call Us @
or drop us your details & our team will get in touch within 24 hrs.