Besides being a nuisance in your home, silverfish has destructive feeding habits. They can cause extensive problems by damaging valuable books, photographs, paintings, plaster and other household items containing starch or cellulose.
This nocturnal and discreet pest which can cause an infestation to go unnoticed for a long period of time until substantial damages have been done. Silverfish can also survive in most environments, but thrive in conditions of high humidity and can often be found in dark, damp areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, basements and attics.
In small numbers, silverfish bugs do not really cause a problem but a large infestation can lead to a serious issue for your business.
How to Keep Silverfish Away
Silverfish’s Usual Hiding Place
- Kitchens or Bathroom- under sinks and kitchen cabinets
- Laundry area – behind wallpaper, window or door frames
- Storage areas – in storage boxes, bookcases, old stacks of newspapers and magazines
- Silverfish are attracted to damp areas with 75% – 95% humidity, hence it is recommended to reduce the humidity with dehumidifiers and fans.
- Seal cracks and crevices on walls, floors, and holes around pipes to deter silverfish’s entrance.
- Keep closed rooms ventilated.
- Regularly inspect and tidy up your storage areas and look out for any sign of damages caused by silverfish.
Have you spotted a Silverfish?
If you are worried about Silverfish, a professional service can help to get rid of these stored pests effectively.
PestAct pest experts approach provides rigorous protection for your property:
- We offer a Free Consultation to assess the source of attraction, breeding site, level of infestation, and to identify the fly species.
- Our professionally trained technicians –can help advise you the most effective, targeted fly control solutions tailored to your requirements.
- Safe and targeted treatments —our extensive knowledge means we can provide you with targeted and effective treatment to get rid of grain beetles at your business property.
- Protection — we offer advice on practical measures based on the Destroy-Control-ReAssure that you can easily action to minimise the risk of grain beetles infestation in the future
Feel Free to Call Us @
or drop us your details & our team will get in touch within 24 hrs.