There are over 35,000 known spider species worldwide, but only a handful are considered to be dangerous and 27 species are known to cause human fatalities.
Spiders are attracted to warm, dark small spaces, like wall cracks, corners, air vents and in the washroom. However, some species prefer to stay closer to the outdoors, weaving their webs in your garden or near your outside lighting.
Although most common spiders at home are not really harmful, they can be a nuisance because of their webbing and can induce fear to some people.
Signs of a Spider Infestation
- Look for spider webs — the size and shape of spider webs vary by species. Some are orb-shaped while others are funnel-shaped.
- Some spider species live in burrows rather than webs, while others are free-ranging and take refuge in crevices.
- Some species of spiders are attracted to moist environments. Check your basements, walls, sheds and other damp locations.
- Other species can be found in places such as attics, the junction of a wall and ceiling, closets and storage boxes.
- Spiders feed on other insects and prey on ants, flies, woodlice and other spiders, so where there is a plentiful supply of other insects, spiders will wait to find their next meal.
- Spider eggs are laid into a silken sac, on average about 100 eggs in each sac, which may be fixed to a surface, hidden in the web or carried by the female. Signs of the sacs fixed indoors indicate that soon there will be more spiders around.
Have you spotted a Spiders?
If you are worried about Spiders, a professional service can help to get rid of these stored pests effectively.
PestAct pest experts approach provides rigorous protection for your property:
- We offer a Free Consultation to assess the source of attraction, breeding site, level of infestation, and to identify the fly species.
- Our professionally trained technicians –can help advise you the most effective, targeted fly control solutions tailored to your requirements.
- Safe and targeted treatments —our extensive knowledge means we can provide you with targeted and effective treatment to get rid of grain beetles at your business property.
- Protection — we offer advice on practical measures based on the Destroy-Control-ReAssure that you can easily action to minimise the risk of grain beetles infestation in the future
Feel Free to Call Us @
or drop us your details & our team will get in touch within 24 hrs.