Termites are a group of insect that mostly feed on dead plant materials, with the ability to digest cellulose. Ecologically, termites are important for nutrient recycling. In human society, however, they are viewed as pests because they cause damage to wooden structures and bring economic loss to property owners.
Subterranean termites, the most destructive wooden pest in the world, build their colonies in the soil and usually work their way above ground to reach wood or any other cellulose source. In search for food, subterranean termites will forage into homes from below the ground level right up to the highest point of the roof thrust. Over time, termite damage can become significant on door frames, kitchen cabinets, staircase and wooden flooring.
Signs of Termites
Termite infestation is usually not apparent until severe damages have incurred. They live in dark, humid and protected environment, which make them so hard to find – until it’s too late.
As termites devour their way through wood from the inside, it can be rather challenging to detect a termite infestation but there are some tell-tale signs that indicate their presence.
Here are a few common signs of termites that you might see (or hear) around your home or business premises:
- Mud tubes on wall
- Sightings of termite swarmers (flying termites) or discarded wings
- Papery or hollow sounding timber
- Tight fitting door or hard to open window
- Tunnels in the wood
- Termite droppings
Have you spotted a Termites?
If you are worried about Termites, a professional service can help to get rid of these stored pests effectively.
PestAct pest experts approach provides rigorous protection for your property:
- We offer a Free Consultation to assess the source of attraction, breeding site, level of infestation, and to identify the fly species.
- Our professionally trained technicians –can help advise you the most effective, targeted fly control solutions tailored to your requirements.
- Safe and targeted treatments —our extensive knowledge means we can provide you with targeted and effective treatment to get rid of grain beetles at your business property.
- Protection — we offer advice on practical measures based on the Destroy-Control-ReAssure that you can easily action to minimise the risk of grain beetles infestation in the future
Feel Free to Call Us @
or drop us your details & our team will get in touch within 24 hrs.